The Health Services Department of Faribault Public Schools recognizes the close relationship between a student’s health and their ability to learn. Our Health Services staff are committed to providing the best health services possible to all students at all levels every day.
We do this by:
- Promoting a safe school environment
- Provide basic vision, and hearing screening
- Provide prevention and control methods for communicable disease
- Provide first aid and emergency care
- Monitor and assist students with chronic or acute health conditions
- Identify health concerns and collaborate with parents, students and staff to bring about the best possible outcome for the student’s learning process
CALLING YOUR CHILD'S ABSENCE IN
Please call your child's attendance line to report their absences including the reason and symptoms that are keeping them home.
ILLNESS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
Students who become ill during the school day are to report to the Health Office. If it is necessary for a student to be sent home, the health office staff will inform and secure permission from a parent, guardian, or parent authorized person to release them from school.
High School -507-333-6102
WHEN TO KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME
Your child should stay home if he/she:
- Has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, and should remain at home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without medication to keep the temperature down.
- Has vomited or has had diarrhea.
- Has a persistent cough.
- Has a rash without physician’s diagnosis.
- Has open or draining skin sores.
- Has inflamed or draining eyes or ears.
- Has conjunctivitis/pink eye should remain home until prescription medication has been taken for at least 12 hours and no drainage.
- Has strep, should remain home until prescription medication has been taken for at least 12 hours.
- Has head lice - see head lice policy.
Any other questions please call your child's school health office.