Faribault is a historic, diverse community of about 23,000 citizens located 30 miles south of the Twin Cities metropolitan area along Interstate 35. It is the county seat of Rice County. Located at the confluence of the Cannon and Straight Rivers, Faribault features an abundance of spaces for outdoor recreational activities, including a nature preserve and two nearby state parks. Faribault’s economy is bolstered by major employers like Daikin Applied, Faribault Foods, Jennie-O, Met-Con, SAGE Electrochromics, and the Minnesota Correctional Facility –Faribault.
In addition to Faribault Public Schools, Faribault features a variety of educational institutions:
- South Central College
- Minnesota State Academies
- Shattuck St. Mary’s and other private schools.
Faribault Public Schools provides a high-quality and equitable education that nurtures, inspires, challenges, and empowers all students to engage and grow as learners and citizens. Its team of educators and support staff serve approximately 3,500 students from Faribault, Minn. and the surrounding area.
Faribault Public Schools serves students of all ages.
FARIBAULT PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT INCLUDES:
- Three Elementary Schools (K-5): Each school serves approximately 500 students in Grades K-5.
- Middle School: Serves approximately 800 students in Grades 6-8
- High School: Serves approximately 1,200 students in Grades 9-12. At the secondary level, students are offered a wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities to choose from
- Area Learning Center: Provides a learning environment for 9-12 students to advance their education in a non-traditional setting
- Early Childhood Program: Early childhood family education and Pre-K (Ages 0-5)
- Faribault Education Center: Provides opportunities for adult learners to develop skills and attain certifications
- Falcons Online Academy: All students in grades K-12 are invited to enroll in FPS through our Falcons Online Academy
District Office & Programs