Falcons Online Academy
Beginning this fall, all students in grades 5-12 are invited to enroll in Faribault Public Schools through our new Falcons Online Academy.
Education is not one-size-fits-all and there are many paths to student success. The COVID-19 pandemic accentuated this as we saw some students who benefitted from face-to-face instruction and collaboration while others thrived when given more opportunities to learn through virtual options.
By establishing the Falcons Online Academy, we are responding to the needs of our students and families by providing an educational option that offers more flexibility and allows for a more customized learning experience.
Falcons Online Academy is not the same as the distance learning model. Additional staff and resources will ensure that each student has the support they need to be successful online learners.
Advantages of Falcons Online Academy:
- Students in grade 5 receive regular live, online interaction with a Faribault Public Schools teacher who has training and experience in teaching in schools and online.
- Students in grades 6-12 have greater flexibility in a learning model that blends live teaching and independent work.
- Students in grades 9-12 have more class choices through Edgenuity.
- Students are supported by a team of teachers who are dedicated to online learners and act as mentors, coaches and facilitators.
- Students are provided with an iPad and backed by a technology support system that gives them the tools they need to be successful.
- Students have access to support services (RISE, social workers, counselors, EL services) to meet their individual needs.
- Parents stay involved through regular, scheduled online check-ins with a teacher.
- A quality education through Faribault Public Schools is available to anyone, anywhere.